MLAIC World Championships 2012 (General)
Are you going to the MLAIC World Championships in Pforzheim, Germany in August this year? Norway is participating with 12 shooters, and I'm one of them.
I'm shooting the following classes:
- Minié original (military percussion rifle-musket prone at 100 metres)
- Lamarmora original (military percussion rifle-musket offhand at 50 metres)
- Mariette (cap & ball revolver at 25 metres)
- Vetterli replica (free percussion rifle offhand at 50 metres)
- Whitworth replica (free percussion rifle prone at 100 metres)
- Pennsylvania replica (flintlock rifle and roundball offhand at 50 metres)
- Maximilian replica (flintlock rifle and roundball prone at 100 metres)
My ambitions are low, partly due to a ruptured meniscus in my left knee that prevents me from shooting prone for the time being. Hopefully I'll get surgery this month. My other disadvantage is that I'm one of the few who still refuses to use modern shooting jackets. However, I hope my new pair of Winner Champion shooting glasses will help improve my scores. While my optician claims my eyesight is near perfect, I have +0.25 correction on the sighting eye to help improve focus on the front sight.
My old trusty P-1856 .577 Tower Enfield will be used for Minié and Lamarmora original. Although it's a bit on the light side it shoots quite well.
In Mariette I'm shooting an old Uberti Remington New Army with a pitted Walther barrel, while in Maximilian and Pennsylvania I'm shooting my Bookout Tennessee longrifle to which I have fitted aperture sights.
For Vetterli and Whitworth I bought a second hand Parker-Hale Birmingham made .451 Whitworth rifle on my way home from the European Championships in Hamina last year, and the first Vetterli training showed some promising results. 96 points – only four to go!
It would be interesting if others could present their arsenals.
Øyvind F. - forum admin
Click here to read more about my upcoming book: blackpowderbook.com.